with In-house Naturalist Mehul Dedhia
- A wildlife photographer
- A Martial artist
- An ornithologist
- A Notaphilist
- An Expert Naturalist
- A Personal Fitness Trainer
- At Tooth Mountain Farms-Neelam Farm Stay, we have been chemical-free from the last 10 years and thus attract a unique set of “FLORA & FAUNA” which thrive on our property.
- We are in the process of growing more native trees to eventually turn ourselves into a ‘BIO-Reserve’.
- Our in-house Naturalist Mehull Dedhia, who has been associated with SGNP (Borivali) conducts these unique “Trails & Treks” and has been over the years documenting all the ‘Uncommon to Rare’ species that visit us.
- We have documented over
- 55 types of Birds,
- 09 types of Snakes,
- 05 types of Moths.
- 09 types of Spiders.
- Few Insects & Reptiles.
- Some uncommon OR rare species that can be spotted in this two hour walk around the farm are the following :
- Birds like pied-crested Cuckoo, lesser whistling Duck, pale billed Flower Pecker, black Ibis, Pied Kingfisher, Shikra, long-tailed Shrike, chestnut-tailed Starling & yellow-throated Sparrow; Glory Lily climber;
- Beetles = Jewel and Wood-borer,
- Spiders = Social, signature, two-tailed, tent-web, flower-crab;
- Snakes = Bronze back Tree snake, Buff Striped Keel back, Checkered keel-back, Green vine snake, Rat-snake; Monitor Lizard; Indian tree frog, Fungoid frog, common club tail,Dragon flies, Pied paddy skimmer & Soft shell turtle also around the fresh water body; Mongoose pairs have spotted around the farm but are very elusive to humans; Crocodiles have been spotted in the lake which were rescued by the Team of Forest Department.
- Our guests have the unique opportunity to be a part of a 2 hour “Nature Trail”, in which they learn about the diverse ways and miraculous functioning of NATURE.
- Our Naturalist will explain the various nesting cycles, unique characteristics of various species, how to spot them and many more interesting trivia. You will be surprised how much a trained eye can notice that we do not with an untrained eye.
So Do sign up for this signature activity of Tooth Mountain
Please observe the following DO’s:
- Prefer to wear Earth Colour ( Grey-Green-Brown) fully covered cotton outfit.
- Prefer to wear Trekking shoes. At least SPORTS shoes.
- Carry minimum *1* Iiter Drinking water
- Carry HAT/CAP/Umbrella as per availability.
- Carry BINOCULAR & CAMERA (optional)
- Be with the group “Physically & Mentally” during the Nature Trail.
- Carry INSECT repellent.
Please observe the following DON’Ts:
- Please Do not carry any type of “Alcohol, cigarettes, etc.” with you, in case we find it with you, it will be confiscated and will not be returned for ever.
- Please Do Not “talk, sing” etc. Above 60db level. (Normal conversation at *3*ft.)
- Please Do Not Take anything from the forest expert memories also do not leave anything except your foot prints.
- Please Do not feed anything to any of the wild animals, Birds etc.
Only available on Saturday & Sunday on pre booking.